Tuesday, June 5, 2012

First Stop NYC

We get in, the flights wasn't too bad, but what came after is compared to a stupid humor movie where anything that can go wrong does, but in the end we get there in one piece. We first have to travel 45min into the city to get a rail ticket for our commute through Europe. After having multiple directions offered from very nice New Yorker, we finally got to the building we were looking for. It was the first time I ever had to be buzzed in. Have to say I was slightly excited though, felt very New York. We finally get back, after spending over $20 on subway passes mind you.
It was now on to getting Kendra her boarding pass. After going or 4 different lines standing for 10 min at least in each, we finally had everything sorted out and cut the line to get through security. Gina and I go through the line without complications and of course because American Airlines hasn't given us enough crappy service she gets a bag check and get hair products confiscated. After some serious smoosing by yours truly, her bag was returned hair products in tact!. I feel very talented and am thankful for my sales skills- maybe I did learn something in school??
As we wait at the gate, we meet with some Illinois students going on an exchange trip to Germany and can't help but think of Frau and all the trips she led. If I was ever a teacher I would certainly do study abroad trips with my students, it's such an awesome opportunity that not nearly enough people take part in.
Well we are about to board, so until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment